Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pinoy Tortilla de Patatas con Mah-ling

So something to cheer me up...


I remember a few nights ago that Giada de Laurentiis was cooking tortilla so here I was today hungry and wanting to eat something more human-ly than the day old food in the kitchen.

I reminisce with what she added to her tortilla...
Eggs, cream, grated parmesan cheese, basil, thick slices of prosciutto, salt, pepper, potatoes, onions

My version since I don't have all ingredients...

3 eggs less 1.5 yolks for less cholesterol, all purpose cream, cheddar cheese, basil, pre-cooked until crisp mah-ling, salt, pepper, thrice cooked potatoes (boil, fry, bake), onions.

And here it is. Served with 7 buck kick ass bread from the nearby tindahan.

IMG_3106.jpg picture by mr_ang

It was superb. Perfectly cooked, great texture, great color, calm and balanced taste, potatoes were crisp and tender, mah-ling was crisp and tender too.

IMG_3109.jpg picture by mr_ang


IMG_3111.jpg picture by mr_ang

It's love until the last bite.

0 comments: