Friday, May 14, 2010

Corruption

Gee. Finally my laptop is fixed!


The long time screen flicker is gone... LCD Cable fixed.

So I dropped by the service center of my computer and there I told the service guy my dilemma.

Well... we collided on an agreement that he can have this fixed himself.
Instead of the 20 working days that I had been told at the other service center of the same brand.
Instead of the alleged 500 pesos diagnostic fee + cost of parts (no less than P2500) + cost of labor.

I got mine fixed under 15 minutes + 500 pesos.
The sweet convenience of corruption.

At the end of the day... service guy gets 500 pesos for his outstanding service. (fun intended)

And me... with a grin.

How can I make this work?

First, the average cost of hiring someone per day is how much? It's so little that a little amount can afford it. Its the same ol' technique we love doing in the streets of metro manila. In a way I corrupted the brand, but they corrupted me one time too much already.

With such an over complicated layer of what it takes to get the product from the manufacturer to the consumer... practicality and wits taught me to find ways to find convenience and economy in the word hierarchy.

And I've been eF-ed up too much already by the trouble of this brand. And certainly in a world where one gets eaten and the other is the one who eats... I don't want to afford all them shenanigans no more. You've got to play smart, and that one time is enough for you to do all the research, homeworks and upgrading for yourself.

Wohoo! Laptop fixed.

0 comments: