Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Photog

So I remember... photography is one hobby I want to take on someday in the future.


There is just something in a great photo that captures a great moment and just wonderful details that is difficult or impossible to analyze with the eye in the same time frame. And of course the great stories behind them...


" Fingertrips"
Anatoliy & Kate. Zurich, Switzerland. September 27, 2009

With no formal lessons yet on photography... so far for me, the best photo I have taken is this shot of Anatoliy and Kate along the banks of river Limmat in Zurich. As far as I remember, Anatoliy told me to take photos of Kate (his girlfriend) for him... Aww so sweet. So here I was being the personal paparazzi for Anatoliy. And at one point along our day in Zurich, when our other friends told the two to pose for a shot... I saw a moment that was picture perfect, and lucky enough, I was able to press the shutter button at the perfect instant.

Also, this photo poses a question... When I was able to level properly on the horizontal stone at the bottom of the photo.. How come the rest of the background is slightly angled downwards? Okay, now I realize, the stone is angled downwards, the roofs and houses should be the proper leveling guide I have used. Okay... so that's one more thing that makes this photo great, it has imperfections ready for disposal for the audience who may even deem this as an imperfection.

Among the great smiles, poses, angle, color, lighting, and focus which I like in this photo, I especially adore the detail of Kate's finger tips grasping Anatoliy's. It explains so much.

The following days... I saw this photo on Kate's notebook computer, it was her wallpaper. Awesome.

And of course, as an artist who appreciates appreciation... it puts a smile on my face when I see people appreciating the photo I've taken.

Hobby: Photography. Okay. This photo was taken using Canon PowerShotA610 which was stolen in Madrid last December 26, 2009.

Canon PowerShot A610

With over 500 photos during my first 3 days in Spain... when I got to Barcelona, I had no camera. Darnit. This A610 had been my camera for 4 years and had taken over 10,000 photos.... maybe even 15,000. Sulit na. But the fantastic photos lost... Uhhh...

Canon PowerShot SX110

I will go full throttle on this hobby some day, right now it's me and my Canon PowerShot SX110 which I got myself last year for my 22nd birthday... good thing it has CHDK so I can bend the settings to my will.

I am actually a great photographer, it's just that for now I am not one yet.

0 comments: