Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reject's Digest

I’m having quite a moody day, fueled by yesterday’s explosive news. It’s just that today that I start to pick up the pieces of debris which scattered all over.



Yesterday, immediate actions were done to address the issue, killing all emotions and just doing all that can be done given the short amount of weekday left.



Today, waking up... I’ve let myself get over me and I’m allowing myself to just… oh. breathe. It’s a weekend.



“I’m sorry but unfortunately your visa has been denied, this decision has come from France and they sent this letter… please sign here…………”



“What?...”


My hands takes a good hold of that paper. Reads it. Still standing strong on my feet.



“Came from France? So can I please have a copy of this letter please”


“Okay, but please sign it first, here is a pen”


“Sign… where?”

- me being obviously destabilized, played a game with the consul…


“Here..?


“No… down..”


“Here..?”


“No…”


“eh.. Here..”


“Yes”



I can’t remember anything else but thanking the consul… and I was told that the decision came from France, I did not see that arguing with the consul will be a smart move.



She was pretty. Reminds me of a hybrid of a young Anjannette Abayari and Claudine Barretto but looked like a 23 year old, with a posh bob and a soft silhouette pencil skirt fitted with a strong thick belt, I always see her in the embassy and she is very pretty.



I sat down for a few moments, recomposing myself, putting back my documents in my back. And I escaped that room, but not the reality which will not succeed without a battle.



Security guard asks me by the elevator…


“Seaman po ba kayo sir... ok na po ba?”


“Hindi ako seaman, no it’s not okay”


I regret for not having made a deadly 2 second dark child signature Michael Jackson move after this response.



Immediately I coordinated with mom and sister to coordinate with my boss in France about what had happened. Within the first hour, my boss was informed and I find comfort from a McDonald’s Quarter pounder burger + Big fries I had for lunch. Knowing that I know my weakness is hunger, I need to address this before continuing the day and at least find comfort in the process.



And one more thing, I think it was a great idea that I put on my black jeans and black leather shoes this day with my usual uniform. There was something with this that just allowed me to stand more firmly, feel stronger. I was working it, translating the art of being destabilized with every stomp of my feet, and all cars and everyone else just seemed to give way.



Within the next hour, I have presented to my boss the document the embassy gave me.



Here it is stated that my education composing of a Bachelor’s Degree in DLSU and a Post-Graduate Degree in Switzerland is inadequate for the applied employment in France related to fabrics, accessories and hats; and I have two months to challenge the decision.



Before the day ended, my boss has sent documents to Nantes, France and Embassy here in Manila. Documents that defy whatever the decision is… plus more, documents that impressed me when I had read it, documents that made me comfortable that there is hope, great hope and giving up is not the way things should go.



And we wait and see. Those documents just wowed me the moment I read it, it was well rounded, cohesive, and covers more than what the question demanded for… now this gives me ideas on how to play circumstances now…



If circumstances allow other parties to identify perspectives that disqualify you, counter squabble with a statement that addresses issues that had been identified and be the first to address other issues before the other party sees it. And finish this off with a statement that crafts your identity (brand) as someone of proper authority.



Again, among others:



Emotions offer very little help to get professional and serious jobs done.

Do everything that can be done. Giving up is only for the dead, or for the lazy, or for the one who does not really want it, or maybe for the smart one… LOL



I will be in France to see my boss, to see the clients, to watch Roland Garross on May 26! OMG



In the middle of yesterday... I joked to myself…”Oh you people in the embassy… Why even try to deny this? You know you can’t. Okay, today you win. Thank you for approving my visa, though it will be denied only for today.”… I’ll take this as a blessing now since airline flights are still congested.



GEE. Just when my bags are packed, apartment is ready, money, everything else is ready, well not plane ticket, but this will be easy… and this.. DOUBLE GEE. GEE GEE. ohh optimism.



In the middle of the day today, I did start toying some ideas in my mind though I know they’re a bit stupid or smart, ideas that will be useful if indeed this visa fails.



Well, the first thing I will do is Accepter.

Then… I don’t know yet since I have a lot of choices.

Okay, this means that the second thing to do is Choisir.

0 comments: