Monday, April 26, 2010

Optimism

"I am very surprised by your refusal to grant a long-stay visa as requested employee to Mr. Angelo M. REYES, so that the case had been accepted in Paris, under the pretext that there is clearly a mismatch between the proposed use (commercial attache in raw materials for headgear) and training (Bachelor of Science) and Diploma in Hotel Management at Montreux in Switzerland.


In fact, his credentials are in any way because of his hiring in my company. This hiring follows the following facts, facts which were yet well presented in his case:
Mr. Reyes is the son of our main supplier of raw material for headgear: ELISA M. REYES. He is thus born and grew up around the family business, working there even a school vacation. Mrs. REYES and I speak English, but still encounter many problems of understanding. So I decided to hire his son to rule that the quality problems, and develops new products.


I have already fallen by one week my tour clients for next season, throughout France because his visa would be issued yesterday. I really want him to come with me to do with customers - very happy to know that he would accompany me - what was and what was wrong with them and see the new desired.
I remind you that the crisis is already at risk our business and we have therefore afford to suffer annoyance.


I am also President of the National Union of Manufacturers and Wholesalers Hat, flowers, feathers and accessories, and can tell you as such, I know the problems of the profession who were primarily to Chinese competition in finished hats. Mrs. Reyes gives me the exclusivity of its products and my clients - who are also my adherents - are delighted as the raw materials they sold me for the hat are not available in China."

"You know, I did the best I could for Angelo, but now I am not so optimist about him getting his visa.


Last Friday, I was reading the last letter I received from the authorities: His file was accepted but the last step was that the visa was given by the French Embassy in Manila. And we have so much unemployment here that they try not to have people coming from outside of the country.


Anyway I tried with sending my “pushy” letters to them and to the place in Nantes, but if this does not work, I am afraid that he will have to forget about the all story.


So, we never know, wait and see …. But on Tuesday if he does not have a good result, I am afraid that it will be dead. Only the Nantes place will decide.


Sorry about all of that, but as I told you, I tried all my best. And I feel very upset to deceive him."



Oh for the time being, when even one of the more influential and powerful person, not in Paris, but in France, the type who refuses Karl Lagerfeld and the like at her will, but will entertain Jean Paul Gaultier because of his kindness; will not succeed in helping me get that visa... then nothing else will. Or maybe Nicolas Sarkozy and that will cause an outrage. Well in fairness to her, clearly I know that she will want me to get my visa, and she has impressed me very well on how intense here tactics and ideas are to get me that visa.



Months and months of studying, preparing, time and effort, and this. Let's not be upset (Easy to say). But in the process I know I have learned a lot, not just French language but a huge aspect of living, and this is something I know I will look for on the brighter side of the events that passed by.



I'll let myself sob for a few moments over coffee, and move on to a back up plan immediately. I've used up much time already. Though I often feel that similar to New York, Paris battles to be the capital of the world, but the world is big when it comes to offering a wide array of choices, well this is what I've learnt when my Mom sent me away alone at a young age.



Who knows, a miracle is probably waiting to happen on Tuesday.


But then again, for the time being, I believe its better to let things go Mr Pessimistic's way... stay conservative, I mean. (ermm)

It'll produce more optimistic results at the end of the storm.

0 comments: